Jochum Lunds plass 1, 4550 Farsund
Husan in Farsund was originally a large merchant's house, built by the merchant, shipowner and shipyard owner Jochum Brinch Lund for use by his sons Gabriel Lund (Eidsvollsmannen) and Ebbe Lund in the 1790s. The building was considered the country's second largest secular wooden building. The name means "house" in the plural.
Jochum Lund died in 1807, and the sons continued their father's business from the property. Reduced trade with England during the Napoleonic Wars instead provided the opportunity for piracy, and business flourished. After 1814, the trading house gradually declined, and Gabriel Lund moved to Trondheim as postmaster in 1830. Later, the property became a magistrate's residence, before the Lund family bought the house back in 1914. A new wing was added to the north. In the autumn of 1940, the building was occupied by the Germans, and the owner Macody Lund was arrested. Explosive fire in the old stoves triggered a fire, and the main part burned down. This part was later rebuilt as a copy, and Husan was used as Farsund town hall.
The party hall at Husan is used for private and public events, weddings, concerts and now also North Sea dance.