Jochum Lundsplass 1, 4550 Farsund
Rederiet Hotell was built by shipowner Andrew S. Glastad in 1958 as the head office of A / S Mosvolds Rederi. The building was designed by the famous architect Thilo Schoder, who was active in Sørlandet during this period. Forty years later, in 1998, Mosvolds Rederi moved to new offices on Gåseholmen in Farsund, and the old building was sold and converted into a hotel with 12 guest rooms. In 2008, the Glastad family bought back the hotel building, and launched an extensive upgrade program - including the opening of an a la carte restaurant in newly renovated premises.
The neighboring building, called Reymert's house, was bought in 2008. This is one of Farsund's oldest buildings, where the Reymert family has lived for several generations.
Reymert's house was rebuilt and 5 more guest rooms were added. The hotel's two buildings each represent their own history of important eras for Farsund; The Reymert house dates from the time of the pirates and the time of the white sails, while the main building is a symbol of the heyday of motorized shipping in Farsund.
Rederiet Hotell has a fantastic location overlooking the harbor in Farsund and the city's historic center. The hotel has a restaurant, bar and 17 nice rooms, including a suite and family rooms.
Courses and conferences can be arranged either in the hotel premises or in the neighboring building, the magnificent town hall in Farsund - Husan.